Saturday 30 April 2016

Etude House Precious Mineral Magic Any Cushion Magic Mint Review

Hi everyone :)

  I know I just reviewed a green colour correcting base but I'm going to review another one anyways! Redness is a concern of mine as I have sensitive and acne prone skin. I tend to gravitate towards anything green when it comes to colour correcting products. Today I am going to show you the Etude House Precious Mineral Magic Any Cushion in Magic Mint. It has SPF 34/PA++ and is whitening, has wrinkle care and UV protection. This cushion contains 15g of product and is $14.45 USD on Beautynet Korea. It comes in 3 shades which are Magic Mint for redness (mine), Magic Pink for toning up pale and white skin, and Magic Peach for brightening dark skin.


  This product contains Sodium Hyaluronate for moisture, arbutin for whitening and adenosine for wrinkle care. This product can be used either as a base under your regular makeup or on its own as a natural colour correcting foundation. It won't cover blemishes so I would only recommend using it on its own if either you have no significant blemishes or if you want very natural looking makeup.
  The product is packaged like your typical cushion type product. It is a light green compact which has a compartment for your puff and then beneath that is a cushion soaked in the product. I actually really like the puff for this because not only does it work well but it is also a very cute pink :) Mine is a little less pink now since I've used it a lot haha.







   The product itself is quite thin and light and smells kind of like a powdery floral. It is a very pale green in colour. I find that this does brighten up my complexion but mainly offers subtle tone correction. This product is very dewy in my opinion so while very moisturizing if you apply too much of this then your face can look a little shiny. If you are all for the dewy look then you might not mind this. This product does not irritate my skin or break me out so thats a plus as well.
  I think that this product does more or less come through on what it says. I can't really comment on the wrinkle care though as I don't really have any. I don't think I use it consistently enough for whitening but it does definitely have UV protection. Just make sure that you use this to supplement your regular sun screen, not to replace it.
   The Mint shade does make me look really pale so if you use this you definitely will want to blend it down onto your neck. I don't see much lengthening time in the wear of my makeup when I use this underneath. So if you want something to prevent oil and give you makeup that will last all day then I might recommend looking elsewhere. However, if you have dry skin, or want a dewy glow or just want a light and colour correcting base than you may really like this. You can see what it looks like on my face below, the only other makeup I am wearing is a little bit of uneven eyeliner so just ignore that. ._. Honestly, it is hard to see a huge difference in the photos because the product is supposed to look natural but I though I should show them for posterity's sake.
 
No Magic Any Cushion

With Magic Any Cushion

Swatch of the product
  You can also purchase refills for this on the Etude House website if you want to save a little bit of money. For me this isn't holy grail, I like it but I don't really find myself reaching for it too much. If I either want to do a really quick and light makeup look or want to cover red and irritated skin in winter than I do use this. If you have tried this let me know what you think, if not then let me know if you have a favourite makeup base and what it is. :)

        What I liked: - Lightweight
                              - Has SPF
                              - Moisturizing
                              -Helps my redness
                              - Doesn't make me break out

What I didn't like: - Can make you look very pale
                              - Can be a little too dewy

Rating: 3.5/5

This review was unsponsored and I bought the product with my own money.

No comments:

Post a Comment