Wednesday 27 April 2016

The Face Shop Hwansaenggo Escargot Golden Firming Gel Eye Mask Review

Hi everyone :)
 
  The last time I was at the Face Shop I picked up a few of the new gel masks. One of the masks I bought was the Hwansaenggo Escargot Golden Firming Gel Eye Mask.  I bought this eye mask because I often experience dryness, irritation and puffiness around the eyes. I also have minor fine lines underneath my eyes which I would like to prevent from getting worse. It is a part of the same line as the Hwansaenggo Escargot Golden Firming Gel Mask that I reviewed here. This eye mask contains snail mucus extract as well as 24k gold. Snail mucus is moisturizing and is good for skin repair and gold is supposed to be good for blood circulation. It is supposed to be highly moisturizing and nourishing. It also is supposed to firm around the eyes and be anti-aging. It retails for $6 CAD and is single use.





   This eye mask isn't shaped like your typical eye patches. Instead of being just two sort of half circle shapes that you stick under your eyes it is actually a single large sheet that goes around both eyes and is shaped kind of like a superhero mask. The sheet is composed of a thin gel and it is actually gold coloured and a little bit shimmery. It has a relatively strong floral scent so keep that in mind if you are allergic to scents. Personally, I wasn't crazy about the scent but once I had it on my face I couldn't really smell it after awhile. The gel sheet has a bit of serum on it which absorbs pretty quickly.
  I left this on for 40 minutes and when I took it off the skin around my eyes was more hydrated and the swelling was reduced. It also temporarily made the lines under my eyes look less pronounced. This mask did not irritate my skin. I am not really sure if the skin around my eyes felt any firmer after but it definitely did look healthier.

Me wearing the mask

  The physical mask sheet fit a little weirdly between the eyes and it just didn't sit quite right. However, the mask didn't slide down my face like some eye masks do so that was good. Overall I think if you are looking for a gel eye mask then this one is decent quality and does for the most part deliver what it claims to. I would recommend you to try this if you are interested in snail skin care. I did enjoy using this and liked the interesting shape. I personally prefer the Raspberry Roots Collagen Eye Patch from the Face Shop which I find works better, has a better scent and is a better deal. It retails for $5 CAD but the package actually contains two sets of patches which are each in their own little packet so it actually works out to $2.50 CAD each. I personally would recommend those but if you want something a part of the more prestigious line for anti-aging then I would recommend the Escargot eye mask. Have you tried these yet? If you have let me know what you thought!

        What I liked: - Moisturizes well
                              - Interesting shape
                              - Helps with puffiness
                              - Temporarily helps with fine lines

What I didn't like: - Heavy fragrance
                              - Didn't notice much firming
                              - I think you can get a better value

Rating: 3/5

This product was unsponsored and the product was purchased with my own money.


  

No comments:

Post a Comment