Wednesday 20 April 2016

Benton Snail Bee High Content Essence Review

   Hello,

  I really wanted to share a great skincare product today. I have been using this for about 2 1/2 months now and have almost used the full bottle so now I can accurately say how it behaves on my skin. It has worked really well for me and it is so good that I ordered the full line for my mom to see if it can help her with her rosacea.
   The packaging is more serious looking than a lot of Korean products which typically tend to be more cutesy. The bottle is a dark brown with white lettering. The dispenser is a black pump covered by a clear lid. A lot of people will like this because it is very functional and sanitary.

   This essence is 60 ml and contains 90% snail slime filtrate as well as bee venom, EGF and aloe. I am really into products containing snail slime right now as they seem to work so good for my skin. I also looked up what EGF is and it's "epidermal growth factor". EGF is a polypeptide that helps speed up wound recovery and stimulates cell growth and has been becoming increasingly popular in skincare due to its healing properties. The reason for the bee venom is that in small amounts it is supposed to trick your skin into thinking it has been stung and your body will work to repair the area. So this will help heal any skin issues you may have.
    This essence is also formulated without parabens, mineral oil, alcohol, benzophenon, chemical preservatives, steroid, artificial fragrance, or artificial colouring. Just from the list of things that is doesn't have you can already tell that it'll be good for sensitive skin! The product claims to restore skin, control dead skin, moisturize and prevent wrinkled. I don't have any wrinkles so I can't really comment on that but I'll ask my mom after she has used it for awhile

    This essence definitely helps any skin irritation I have, it moisturizes my skin and I do get less dry patches as well as less breakouts. The texture of this is very gel-like and it really doesn't have much of a scent. It definitely does not smell perfumey, just kind of natural and it's not really noticeable. When I'm applying it on my face I really don't smell anything. I use this product after my toner and before my moisturizer. I am currently using Etude House's Moistfull Aloe Skin and Moistfull Aloe Lotion with this product. I had run out of my essence and heard good things about Benton's so I wanted to try it and was not disappointed.
In the photos below you can see what the texture is like.
  
   This product is incredibly moisturizing and refreshing while being incredibly lightweight. This also doesn't irritate my skin in the slightest. Like at all. This is incredible for me because so many skin care products burn my skin. Or they burn when I initially apply them and then feel fine after a minute or two. I don't ever have this happen to me with this product. I have definitely noticed less breakouts since I have been using this too. I don't get severe breakouts but since my skin is sensitive a lot of things do cause pimples. Products containing mineral oil often irritate my skin and this does not have it so that was a big incentive for me to buy this product.
In the photos below you can see how moisturized my hand looks :)
Unabsorbed essence
Essence absorbed into entire back of hand

   I have heard of some people having issues with the bee venom in this product. I have had no problem with it but I guess if you are allergic to bees you may want to pass on this product. Otherwise I definitely recommend!

      Things I liked:  -Moisturizing
                                -Soothing
                                -Helped with breakouts as well as dry patches
                                -No mineral oil

Things I didn't like: -Nothing!

Rating 5/5

This product was bought with my own money and they review was not sponsored in any way.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment