Wednesday 27 April 2016

Etude House Real Art Cleansing Oil Mild Review

Hi everyone,

  Today I wanted to share one technique that has really helped my skin. I used to only use eye-makeup remover before my foam cleanser or a makeup wipe but now I use the double cleansing method. What this is is when you use a cleansing oil, cream or water to remove makeup, dirt and oil before you use your foam cleanser.
  I have been doing this for one year and I have really noticed a decrease in breakouts and irritation. My skin doesn't feel itchy or red as much as it used to. I used to think I was getting all of my makeup off but sometimes when I was using my toner I would see a little bit of BB cream residue on the cotton pad. This means that your makeup is not all off and some may be lingering in your pores which can clog them. Cleansing oil works so well because like dissolves like. What this means is that an oil is best at dissolving and removing other oils on your face.
  My current cleansing oil of choice is the Etude House Real Art Cleansing Oil Mild. I bought this in my last haul from Beautynet Korea for $14.49 USD. It contains 185 ml of product and I only use one pump for my whole face so this lasts a long time. This version of the cleansing oil is for sensitive skin and it contains green tea seed oil and chamomile extract. Both of these ingredients are well know for soothing the skin. This also does not contain mineral oil. The oil has a very light and clean scent which I like a lot. It just smells fresh and it smells a little like chamomile tea. I wouldn't worry about the scent because it really isn't strong, it is very light.
  The bottle came with a seal and cap screwed on it with the pump in a separate plastic bag. This all came in a plastic box. I thought it was well packaged because there was no leakage at all even though it was shipped all the way from Korea to Canada and oils often leak relatively easily. The packaging was also very hygienic because unlike a tub of cleansing cream or balm this comes with a pump so you don't need to worry about contamination.
The original box
The English side with the ingredients list

  This oil is very lightweight and watery. You apply it to dry skin and massage it into your face. Afterwards you add water to your hands and rub your skin and the oil will turn into a milky white colour. After this you wash it off with lukewarm water and this is when I usually use my cleansing foam. If you want to you can just use the oil and rinse it off and not use the cleansing foam, it will not make you greasy at all. The oil is very thin and has a lot of slip to it. It doesn't irritate my skin or break me out. It actually makes my face feel really soft and smooth and it doesn't dry me out.
  I find that my makeup comes off really easily with this. I usually use a separate eye makeup remover because my eyes get irritated easily. When I'm very tired I just use this for my eyes as well and it doesn't irritate them. Just be careful not to actually get it in your eyes or you will not enjoy it haha. Even if you don't use makeup I would still recommend trying the double cleansing method because it still removes dirt and sebum build up. You can also try a cleansing water if you don't wear makeup but I find an oil is more effective for removing BB cream.
  There are two other variations of this oil. There is also the Real Art Cleansing Oil Moisture which would be good for really dry skin and the Real Art Cleansing Oil Perfect which is good for removing really heavy makeup. I think the Mild version is the best for acne prone skin though. It also does removes makeup easily, in the demonstration photos below I only had to rub the oil in lightly for about 10-15 seconds. I usually do it for about 30 seconds on my face though for maximum results.
  Below you can see how it removes eye shadow, eyeliner, concealer and lipstick. The products I swatched on my hand from left to right are BBIA Shade and Shadow #08 Lovely, Holika Holika Jewel Light Waterproof Eyeliner #01 Black, The Saem Cover Perfection Tip Concealer #1 Clear Beige which I reviewed here, and Mac Ladybug.

Before cleansing oil
Cleansing oil applied and lightly rubbed in
Makeup fully emulsified with oil (Before adding water)

        What I liked: - Great for sensitive skin
                              - Not much product is needed to remove makeup
                              - Effectively removes makeup
                              - Hygienic packaging
                              - Helps my breakouts

What I didn't like: - Can be inconvenient to purchase if you don't live near an Etude House

Rating: 5/5

  I really don't have any bad things to say about the product, it does everything it claims and works well with my skin. You can purchase this product here if you want to try it. If you have already tried it, or have a favourite double cleansing product of your own, please let me know what your opinions are :)

This review was completely unsponsored and the product was purchased with my own money.

No comments:

Post a Comment