Tuesday 26 April 2016

Etude House Precious Mineral BB Cream Blooming Fit Light Beige Review

Hi everyone,

  It's taking a while to warm up this spring and it's been pretty windy the past few days. I just want it to get hotter haha, I'm so tired of chilly weather. To help deal with the weather I have been using a dewier BB cream lately. The one I have been using is the Etude House Precious Mineral BB Cream Blooming fit in the shade NO2 Light Beige. This BB cream also has SPF 30/PA++ so it'll give you some added sun protection. I would recommend wearing some sort of sunscreen underneath this as well though. The tube contains 60g of product and is $13.06 USD on Beautynet Korea.
  The BB cream claims to be whitening, to improve wrinkles, to protect from the sun as well as to make the skin more healthy and smooth. It also says that it helps control sebum and to be for all skin types and to not darken. This BB cream contains bamboo sap for moisture and pearl powder for brightening. The texture of this is quite light and thin and it doesn't feel heavy on the face. It isn't super high coverage but it definitely evens out my skin tone and improves my complexion. It will help with redness and minor imperfections but if you have acne or dark circles you will need to use a concealer. I like using this when my skin is feeling dehydrated because it does have a lot of moisture in it.
Unblended
Lightly blended over eyeliner
   The bottle is pretty simple but still cute like most of Etude House's products. It is a light pink with a dark cap and pump dispenser. This is good because it is very hygienic. The BB cream itself does have a light scent but I can't quite put my finger on what it smells like. Kind of powdery and floral? Don't worry though because the smell is not bad and it's not heavy.

   Would I say that this protects from the sun? Yes definitely because of the SPF but I do not think that this would be enough on its own and I think an additional sunscreen should be used. This also does make my skin look more bright and dewy however, since it is a more dewy BB cream I really wouldn't say that this has much oil control. This definitely slips around on my face if I don't powder it and I have to blot every few hours to keep my skin from looking more greasy than dewy. It isn't like an oil slick though, I've definitely used BB creams and foundations with worse oil control.
   The shade Light Beige fits me pretty well but it's almost too light. It blends out to be pretty neutral toned. There are two other shades, W13 Natural Beige and W24 Honey Beige. I think in summer this shade won't fit me so well unless I blend it down to my neck and wear lots of sunscreen. I think that in general this BB cream may be better for fall and winter depending on what the climate is like where you live. For reference I usually buy shade 21 in Korean BB creams and foundations and in MAC I was matched as a shade NW13.
No base makeup
With Blooming Fit BB Cream
  This product doesn't break me out and I do like it. My skin is combination and sensitive-acne prone and it goes in between being more dry and being more oily. This is great for when my skin feels drier so normal to dry skin will love this. Oily skins can get away with this with a setting powder. For the summer, I did purchase a more matte BB cream which is on the way and I'll review it when it gets here :)
   Overall, yes this is a good BB cream and I would recommend it for normal to dry skin (or combination) with more minor imperfections or for anyone who would like a dewy and healthy finish. This product isn't holy grail for me but I do like it. I would really just like more oil control.

        What I liked: - Lightweight
                              - Some sun protection
                              - Hygienic packaging
                              - Looks natural
                              - Moisturizing
                              - You get a good amount of product for your money

What I didn't like: - Not much oil control
                              - Doesn't cover blemishes fully

Rating: 4/5
                           

No comments:

Post a Comment