Thursday 28 April 2016

Etude House Zero Sebum Drying Powder Review

  Hey everyone,

  Today I'm going to review the Etude House Zero Sebum Drying Powder. I have combination skin and in the spring and summer it starts to lean a little more to the oily side. If I don't set my makeup with a powder it can basically just melt off my face when it gets hot enough outside. I also like to set at least the T-zone of my face if I am wearing a dewier BB cream because dewy can quickly look shiny.
   This powder contains 6g of powder and is $5.75 USD on Beautynet Korea. It claims to "provide clear skin without dryness or flakiness". It is talc, mineral oil, animal content, synthetic colouring and synthetic fragrance free. It contains a sugar polymer, cotton extract as well as the extracts of fermented beans, willow tree, cinnamon, oregano, cypress tree, centella and gold. All of these ingredients are supposed to either control oil or soothe skin. You can use this to mattify your face, prime your eyelids or to get rid of greasy hair.
  The packaging is a small circular container with a white lid and turquoise bottom. It twists to open and inside is a soft velour-like puff that is a light turquoise. The puff covers the holes that dispense the powder. When you purchase the product the holes are covered with a plastic sticker to prevent the product from spilling.







  The powder itself is a white loose powder and kind of smells like a citrusy baby powder. I actually kind of like the scent because it's pretty mild. This powder does not irritate my skin and controls oil pretty well. It definitely lengthens the wear of my foundation or BB cream. It also doesn't dry out my skin which is great because I have tried lots of loose powders that either make my skin flakey or don't control oil at all. 
  This powder doesn't keep me completely matte all day but it decreases the oil overall so later in the day I will just use a blotting powder to remove any extra oil. This powder also doesn't look heavy or cakey. Sometimes the powder does apply a little unevenly though because of the distribution of the powder on the puff from the holes that dispense the products. This can make my makeup look a little uneven. However, if I blend it with a powder brush after I apply it with the puff it helps get rid of this effect.
Before

After

  The size of this product is a little small for what you spend but you don't need much product and I only have to use it once or twice a day so I think it will last a relatively long time.
   Overall, I think this will be a good powder for summer and the packaging may be small but it will also be good to throw in your purse. Just make sure that the puff is in the lid and it is tightly closed or you may get powder all over the inside of your bag!
  If you are interested in this powder you can purchase it here. If you have already tried this product please let me know what you think. :)

        What I liked: - Good oil control
                              - Light smell
                              - Talc and mineral oil free
                              - Translucent so it will fit all skin tones
                              - Lengthens the lasting power of my makeup

What I didn't like: - Very small size
                              - Can look uneven if you aren't careful

Rating: 4/5

This review was unsponsored and the product was bought with my own money.

No comments:

Post a Comment