Tuesday 26 April 2016

Nature Republic Soothing & Moisture Aloe Vera 92% Soothing Gel

  Today I wanted to review a product that I think anyone can use and enjoy. I have been using this product for over half a year now and wanted to share my thoughts on it. It is the Nature Republic Soothing & Moisture Aloe Vera 92% Soothing Gel. This product is great because it has so many uses and it can be used for all skin types, it also is not very expensive and you get a great value for your money.

   This product contains 92% aloe vera gel (hence the name) and is paraben, mineral oil and artificial colouring free. It comes in a 300 ml jar and you can get it for $10.13 USD online at Cosmetic Love here. I however, bought mine at a local Korean store called Hot Koco which sells a lot of the top Korean skincare products and cosmetics. You can view their Facebook page here.
  This product is a light gel that smells like aloe. It is not really sticky once it absorbs into the skin. At first it can feel slightly tacky but once it absorbs my skin just feels healthy and smooth. I have tried other aloe gel products and I found this one less sticky than others which is why I chose to buy this product. It also is super refreshing. This product has so many uses that it's not even funny. Some of my favourite uses are as a body moisturizer, after shaving cream and facial pack or moisturizer. You can also use it for swollen eyes, in your hair, or mixed in with your makeup.


   This gel is very cooling and helps irritated skin. When I see a pimple starting I will just put a large dab of this on the spot and leave it on to reduce inflammation. This actually does seem to help my breakouts and just soothes inflamed skin. I often just let it absorb slowly into my skin or rub it in after I do this. Lately my skin has been kind of dehydrated so have been using this in between my essence and lotion and it feels really nice. I noticed that when I do this my makeup applies a little smoother and my skin looks much dewier. In the summer I might use this in place of a regular moisturizer because it is lightweight and refreshing. You can also place this in the fridge before you use it and it will be really cool. This is great for puffy eyes.
Here you can see the texture of the product
   The second ingredient in the ingredient list is alcohol so if you  are extremely sensitive to alcohol then that might be a drawback for you. However, 92% of this product is aloe vera gel so even though alcohol is the second ingredient there won't be too much of it in there. I don't find this product drying at all though. Also you do have to dip your fingers into this each time that you use it since it is in a tub format. This doesn't bother me too much, I just wash my hands each time before I use it.
  A couple of times that I used this it stung my face when I initially applied it but it usually doesn't. My skin goes though periods where everything irritates it so I think this is just me. I also use a prescription acne cream at night most nights which also increases my skin sensitivity. This gel does make my face look and feel very nice though. I love how it has no mineral oil because that usually breaks me out and this gel never gives me acne.
  Overall I think this product is great. If you want to use it as a facial moisturizer then I recommend mixing an oil with this or applying a second moisturizer overtop or using a rich essence if you have dry skin as it may not be enough moisture for you otherwise. If you have oily skin or if it is summer than I think that this will be enough as a moisturizer on it's own. I definitely recommend this.

        Things I liked: - Great price
                                 - Generous amount of product
                                 - Has tons of different uses
                                 - In general good for sensitive skin
                                 - Helps inflammation
                                 - Refreshing
                                 - Good for all skin types

Things I didn't like: - Alcohol is high in the ingredients list
                                - Unhygienic packaging

Rating: 5/5

Even with the two negatives I still love this and will continue to repurchase! If you have tried this please let me know what you think. :)

This review was completely unsponsored and I bought the product with my own money.

No comments:

Post a Comment