Tuesday 19 April 2016

Etude House Big Cover Cushion Concealer Peach Pink Review

 

This concealer was released as part of the new Big Cover line from Etude House. It is in a sort of pen format with a button on one end and a round little sponge applicator on the other end. The concealer has SPF 30/PA++ and contains 5g of product. I paid $9.75 USD for it on Beautynet Korea. There are six shade options to choose from. There are three skin tone shades for concealing imperfections which are Vanilla, Sand, and Beige as well as three shades which are good for colour correcting. The colour correcting shades are Mint which is for redness, Peach Pink which is for dark circles and Illuminate which is for highlighting and helping dull skin.
 I was interested in this concealer because I really like Etude House and I also have really bad dark circles. My skin is quite fair so the contrast of my dark circles is super noticeable no matter how much sleep I get. Staying up late and studying for exams definitely didn't help though!
    I was wondering if the cushion tip was just a gimmick or not because cushion products are really popular right now. After trying it I think that the cushion does help blend and for the under eyes it helps stop you from accidentally applying too much concealer. I find that this concealer does sink into my fine lines under my eyes. Also if I have dry patches under my eyes, which I tend to get, it can look a little bit patchy. This can be remedied with a good eye cream though.
   The Peach Pink shade does not completely cancel out my dark circles but it really does help and it definitely lives up to the "Big Cover" name. A little of this concealer goes a long way. I also like to use this around my nose for brightening and a bit of coverage and it works great.
    You can't really clean the cushion part which might bother some people but I don't really have too much of a problem with that. I must say that I am impressed with the coverage of this concealer and it has not irritated my skin or broken me out. I find that it also gets a bit of an almost matte finish when it sets. It isn't completely matte but it's also not at all dewy. I also really like that this had sun protection since not a lot of concealers do.
   Overall, I plan to keep on using it but I will still try new products until I find something that works better for me. If you don't really have super dark eye circles or a dry under eye area then this would probably be good for you!

Before concealer
With concealer

As you can see in the second photo my dark circles are diminished but still a little bit visible. Also my under eye fine lines are a little more pronounced and this is after 30 seconds of wear, let alone a few hours. It is also a little more visible in real life.

        Things I liked:  -Interesting packaging
                                 -Helps colour corrects my under eyes
                                 -Good coverage
                                 -Fair price
                                 -Has SPF

Things I didn't like: -Sinks into fine lines
                                 -Can accentuate dry patches
                                 -My dark circles are too dark to be fully covered

Rating: 3.5/5

I bought this product with my own money and the review was not sponsored.

No comments:

Post a Comment