Thursday 19 May 2016

Tony Moly The Chok Chok Green Tea Watery Line Review

Hi everyone :)

  Today I am reviewing the Tony Moly Chok Chok Green Tea Watery skin care line. I have the watery skin, watery essence and watery cream in this line. This line is supposed to be good for all skin types and contains 100% pure fermented green tea extract. This line is full of antioxidants from the fermented green tea and is supposed to provide moisture and promote healthy skin. It also contains green tea ferment extract instead of distilled water.
  I have been using these products for a month now and feel ready to share my opinions on them. I bought the cream and not the lotion because initially when I ordered the products from Beautynet Korea they did not have the lotion for sale, only the cream. I kind of wish I had gotten the lotion though haha as I will explain later. On Beautynet Korea the toner retails for $13.29 USD for 180ml, the essence for $12.33 USD for 55 ml, the lotion for $13.29 USD for 160 ml, and the cream for $11.49 USD for 60ml.
  For starters, the entire line is packaged in darkish green bottles and they are all plastic. The plastic does not feel cheap though. The boxes the products came in are very simple in beige and green. This is a fairly new skin care line launched by Tony Moly.



  This line is pretty scented. The watery skin (aka toner) is definitely the most heavily scented of all the products and it smells almost like anise or lavender with green tea. It isn't bad but keep that in mind. The essence and the cream have a more mild and citrusy scent to them. I did not have any breakouts or reactions to these products but if you are sensitive to scents I would keep that in mind.
  The watery skin is very lightweight and has the consistency of water. I do find it to be very lightweight and refreshing and non sticky. I think that this product is suitable for anyone, who is not sensitive to scents, for the summer who is looking for a hydrating toner. In the winter people with dry skin may need something a little thicker depending on personal preference and skin type.

The Chok Chok Green Tea Watery Skin


Texture of Watery Skin

  The essence is not clear like the Innisfree Green Tea Seed Serum. It is slightly milky and is more like a thin lotion in its texture. I find this serum to be quite moisturizing but not heavy. It has a slight citrusy smell and absorbs pretty well.

The Chok Chok Watery Essence


Texture of Essence

  The cream is my least favourite product of this line. When I hear "watery cream" I think of a product with a thinner, lighter or even gel-like texture. That may just be me and does not necessarily reflect on the quality of the product though. This cream is very thick and almost pudding-like. I don't think this is a bad product but for me it is just a bit too heavy, especially for summer. It would be okay as either a night cream or for someone with dry skin though. However, if I just use a tiny bit then I can thin it out and it doesn't feel as heavy. This cream is very moisturizing though and so for combination/oily skin I would probably recommend getting the lotion from this line instead of the cream. It also smells quite citrusy but the smell isn't too strong.


The Chok Chok Watery Cream


Texture of the Cream

  Overall I think this line did moisturize my skin and it didn't break me out or cause irritation. I didn't see a huge improvement in the overall health of my skin though. I do however think that this is a good basic skincare line and I will continue using the toner and essence until I finish them and I will use the cream at night or when I feel like I need a bit of extra moisture. I do not think I will purchase this line again because it didn't really wow me and I want to explore other options that help me more with potential breakouts for the summer. This isn't a bad line though and it is affordable and pretty good quality so if you are looking for a basic moisturizing line or for affordable skincare rich in antioxidants than you may be interested in this. Have you tried this line? If you have let me know, if not feel free to share your favourite summer skincare tips. :)

        What I liked: - Moisturizing
                              - Did not break me out or irritate my skin
                              - Rich in antioxidants
                              - Toner and essence good for summer

What I didn't like: - Heavily fragranced toner
                              - Cream is much thicker than anticipated (some people may like this)

Rating: 3/5

This review was completely unsponsored and the products were purchased with my own money.

No comments:

Post a Comment