Wednesday 11 May 2016

BB Cream Swatches for Fair/Shade # 21 Skin

Hi everyone :)

  I realized today that I have way too many BB creams since I seem to have just kept on buying them in the search for my perfect BB cream. I have encountered quite a few good but not quite right BB creams or ones that are just not right for the season. I am going to swatch all the ones I own for you which I hope will help anyone in the market for a new BB cream! Note that one is actually a cushion and not a "BB cream".
   I took the photos in this post for my own use originally so the order may be a little nonsensical. I then decided that other people may benefit from them if anyone is going to buy a BB cream online and wants to see product or shade comparisons. The Holika Holika and It's Skin BB cream only come in one shade so I think it is really useful to actually see what they look like and not just buy one and hope the shade matches you. (Which I more or less did with the Holika Holika one). For reference I usually buy shade #21 but in winter I could probably go a shade lighter to shade #17. I have been matched as NW13 in MAC shades.

 




Swatches in natural daylight


Swatches in the evening in artificial light

   Note that the lineup in the of BB creams in the photo with the actual bottles is the same order as the swatches in the photos from the bottom up. I did this by accident haha. For simplicity's sake I will list them from the top down so it is easier to view.

BB Creams from the top down: 

1. Etude House Precious Mineral BB Cream Blooming Fit in N02 Light Beige


2. Holika Holika Aqua Petit BB Cream (Only one shade)


3. The Face Shop Face It Power Perfection BB Cream in 01 Light Beige


4. It's Skin Prestige Crème D'escargot BB Cream (Only one shade)

5. The Face Shop Cushion Screen Cell in 01 Radiant Beige

6. Etude House Big Cover Concealer BB in #2 Beige 

1. Etude House Precious Mineral BB Cream Blooming Fit
  I like to wear this BB cream when I want something moisturizing without too much coverage. I have a full review of this product here. It has SPF 30/PA ++.
2. Holika Holika Aqua Petit BB Cream
   This one is a great starter BB cream for someone who is young or in school as it is very affordable and lightweight. It has SPF 25/PA ++. There is only one shade unfortunately but several different variants for different skin types and I have heard they have different tones. This one is for hydration and natural looking skin. I have a full review of this product here. Note that I think this one may be a pass if you have very sensitive skin.
3. The Face Shop Face It Power Perfection BB Cream
 I have not reviewed this one yet but do plan to. I actually really like this one because it has high coverage and is pretty moisturizing. This product has SPF 37/ PA ++.  I think the tone of this one is best for my skin tone because it is more on the neutral side. This one comes in four shades, 00, 01, 02, and 03. Note that 01 is actually lighter/around the same lightness as shade 00. Shade 00 is just more yellow-toned. 03 is also significantly darker than 02 if you are interested in this BB cream.
4. It's Skin Prestige Crème D'escargot BB Cream
  This BB cream has SPF 25/PA++. I have not done a full review of this product yet. It contains snail mucus and is supposed to provide natural coverage, whitening and moisturization. The snail mucus is also supposed to help heal the skin. This one comes in one shade and it looks really dark on the photos above because it oxidized like crazy on my arm within minutes. Weirdly enough I have never really experienced this to that extent on my face? I wore this BB cream over fall/winter because it is very moisturizing and I had a patch of irritated and flakey skin on my face for weeks and then it actually went away after I started using this regularly. This product is very sheer though and very lightweight. While I did overall like this I think now that it is warmer out and my skin is oilier I won't repurchase this because it is pretty moisturizing for summer. I do wear this if I break out though and want to even out my skin tone without clogging my pores. I felt the swatch on my arm didn't show the BB cream 100% accurately so I put photos below of a demonstration of just this one product.


Initial application

Level of oxidation after about 5 minutes

Fully blended on back of my hand


5. The Face Shop Cushion Screen Cell
  
   I did a full review of this product here. This product may not be good for sensitive skin. The swatch is very faint on my arm as it is a cushion product and the product is relatively thin. I did use the puff and swiped it a couple of times instead of patting it lightly like I would usually use it. I cannot comment on the SPF of this product from my own experience but after looking it up it seems to have SPF 50/PA+++.

6. Etude House Big Cover Concealer BB
  
  I have been trying out this product for the past week but have not done an official review yet. I purchased the medium shade since it is supposed to be the equivalent of shade #21 even though I usually buy the lightest shade in most BB creams. However, it is going to be summer soon so I don't want a BB cream that will be too light. This product isn't really TOO light but it is definitely more on the warm/yellow side. Blended out though it isn't noticeable and my family did not notice really that I was wearing it. I also bought one of the same shade for my mom as a gift. It is on the matte side and is very high coverage for a BB cream but I like how it doesn't feel heavy and I think it will be good for summer because it is not super dewy or oily like most BB creams. This product has SPF 50/PA+++. This is great for oily skin but if you have dry skin make sure you moisturize well before using this. I plan to do a full review after I have been using it for a little bit longer. Note how the Big Cover Concealer BB in shade #2 Beige isn't that much darker than the Blooming Fit BB Cream in N02 Light Beige. It is however more yellow toned and has much higher coverage and is much thicker. I probably could have gone a shade up in the Big Cover Concealer BB to shade Vanilla but I can make Beige work for summer.

Top: Big Cover in Beige
Bottom: Blooming Fit in Light Beige


I hope anyone reading this found this post helpful! If you have a favourite BB cream please let me know. :) I am still on the hunt for my perfect BB cream!



This post was unsponsored and all the products were bought with my own money.













No comments:

Post a Comment