Tuesday 3 May 2016

The Face Shop Cushion Screen Cell 01 Radiant Beige Review

Hi everyone :)

  Today I am reviewing the Cushion Screen Cell from The Face Shop in the shade 01 Radiant Beige. What it is is a cushion foundation with a screen attached overtop of the cushion. According to The Face Shop website it is The Face Shop's patented 99.9% antibacterial net and this is supposed to help your makeup feel light and fresh. It also stops the air puff from coming directly into contact with the actual cushion. This product claims to provide smooth and moisturized skin, anti-wrinkle effects, brightening, SPF, and 25 hour moisturizing. You can find this product online on Ebay for $25-$30 CAD or at your local Face Shop location. I bought the set which actually comes with a refill as well as the compact around Christmas time so I cannot comment on the individual price. I believe the set I bought was $59 CAD and they were having a sale at the time as well on top of that.
   The container of this is like your typical cushion compact. It is a case that flips open and has a compartment for the air puff and then the cushion below. The main difference is the screen over the cushion which is supposed to help your product dispense evenly as well as help keep the cushion sanitary. The case is a pearly white with silver trim and lettering which is simple but pretty. This also makes it hard to photograph though because it is reflective!







  I cannot comment on what SPF this has because I bought the product in a special box set in my local Face Shop location and they are not supposed to advertise the SPF of a product and often the SPF value is removed or covered on products and they cannot sell sun screens in store due to the SPF regulation differences between Korea and Canada. Often the makeup DOES have SPF (I have a BB cream from the Face Shop with SPF 37) but for now it cannot be advertised. I guess it's all just red tape lol. I did google it however and it appears to contain SPF 50/PA++.
  I find this product to be a little bit yellow-toned but it isn't too strong. The product is definitely moisturizing and is quite dewy on the skin. It however, does irritate my skin and makes my face feel kinda itchy when I apply it so be aware of this if you have sensitive skin. This feeling does eventually go away as I wear it but that is a bit of a drawback for me. It also does have a floral scent which is on the stronger side.
  The first ingredient in the ingredients list is Lilium tigrinum extract which is supposed to moisturize the skin. Since this product is so moisturizing I might recommend this for people with normal to dry skin. On me this product does make me oilier in my oily spots and it also emphasizes any dry patches that I may have. If I do not powder this with a long lasting setting powder it will get very shiny very fast. This product also has the habit of slipping into the creases by my noses and into my pores. This can be partially prevented with  powder though.
  The coverage of this product can be built up a little bit but it will definitely look cakey and shiny if you over apply it. This will not really cover major blemishes but it does even out your skin tone and cover minor imperfections. It is light to medium coverage.

Eyeliner with no Cushion Screen Cell on top


Cushion Screen Cell layered on top part of eye liner

  Overall of you have normal-dry and non-sensitive skin and want a dewy finish then you may like this foundation. If you have sensitive, oily skin or major imperfections then you may want to look elsewhere. This isn't necessarily a bad product but I do not think it suits my skin type. Honestly though I wish I hadn't gotten the special set because it came with a refill and I'm not sure if I will use it up. I do use this from time to time if I need to throw something in my bag to bring along because the compact is very convenient. Since the problems with oiliness and the product sinking into pores can be partially fixed with powder, my main issue is that this makes my face itchy when I use it. Have you tried this product? If you haven't let me know what your favourite cushion product is. :)

The Special Set that I bought

         What I liked: -Moisturizing
                               - Anti-bacterial net
                               - Nice packaging

What I didn't liked: - Irritated my skin
                                - Sinks into pores and increases oiliness
                                - Accentuates my dry patches

Rating: 2.75/5

No comments:

Post a Comment