Saturday 14 May 2016

Etude House Play Color Eyes Juice Bar Palette Swatches

Hi everyone :)

  I realized recently that almost all of my eyeshadows are in the light brown or neutral shade range. So when Etude House released their Play Color Eyes Juice Bar Palette for spring I was really interested in it. The palette is orange-based with a a few coral pinks and warm-toned browns. I really don't own many orange cosmetics so I grabbed it right away.



   The box it comes in is a bright orange with little light orange oranges and orange slices on the sides. The actual palette case inside has the same colour scheme with a little picture of a juice pitcher on the front. It is made of plastic but feels pretty sturdy. When you open the palette it comes with a mirror in the top half and 10 eyeshadows as well as two sponge-tip applicators. The eyeshadows are protected by a plastic cover with the names of the shades in Korean. I fortunately found the translations of the shades on Jolse haha.





 

From top to bottom:

1. Bubble Bath
2. New Recipe
3. Kissing me Kissing Gourami
4. Fever Orange
5. Orange Bianco
6. Muscle Mania
7. Orange Peel
8. Soft Peach
9. Grapefruit Tarte
10. Raw Cacao


  There is a range of pigmentation in the palette as some shades are very pigmented and others are extremely sheer and a few that are kind of in the middle. Only two of the shades are a true matte and the rest either have a slight shimmer or are full on glittery. The shades do have minor fallout, it isn't terrible though.
  I like this palette because I can create looks that are more coppery, orange or pinkish coral. It is actually pretty wearable. This product is limited edition and is sold out on a lot of sites. You can still get this product on Beautynet Korea here for $22.31 USD (where I got mine). You can also get it on the Etude House Website here for $26.40 USD.
  I think that this palette best suits people warm or neutral colouring but if you have a cooler skin tone you can still make it work. All that matters is that you like the colours! I do recommend buying this because it is great for spring and summer and you can do just a light wash of colour to add a little something to your regular makeup routine or you can do a more complex look.

Work appropriate eye makeup with the Juice Bar Eye Palette
Other makeup used: Etude House Proof 10 Eye Primer
The Face Shop Freshian Volumizing Mascara 01 Curling
Etude House Play 101 Pencil #1

        What I liked: - Pretty colours for spring and summer
                              - Wearable shades
                              - Cute packaging
                           
What I didn't like: - Minor fallout

Rating: 4.5/5

This review was unsponsored and the product was purchased with my own money.

No comments:

Post a Comment