Friday 6 May 2016

Etude House Twinshot Lipstint OR203 Thank You x Very Shot Review

Hello everybody :)

  Etude House just came out with a new lip product created basically to do a gradient lip. It is really innovative because it contains two lip colours/textures in the same tube. The first colour is a mousse-like lipstick and it is in a typical sort of tube format with a doe foot applicator. However, the applicator has a little opening in it connected to a tube which contains a different colour of lip tint with a slightly thinner texture. First you apply the mousse tint all over your lips and then you click the button on the top of the tube and the second colour is used to create the gradient lip. You will need to click it quite a few times to get going but be careful! I clicked mine too many times and a whole ton of product came out. Luckily Etude House put an extra 0.8g of mousse and 0.6g of tint to account for this. The product is said to actually have 5.8g of mousse and 3.1g of tint instead of the 5g of mousse and 2.5g of tint as listed. After the first use you don't need to click it more than 1-3 times to get enough tint out to use it.






   I bought this tint in the shade Thank you x Very Shot which is an orange mousse with a pinkish red tint which mixes to make a very bright coral. I picked this shade because oranges are a little out of my comfort zone and I do not really own many orange cosmetics. I bought this from Beautynet Korea for $10.97 USD, I also bought the Juice Bar Play Color Eyes from Etude House which is an orange toned eyeshadow palette. :)
   The mousse side of the lipstick is quite thick and creamy and I do not find it drying. It is a pretty bright orange and I most likely would not wear it alone. The tint is a bright pinky red and is also quite thick but a little more liquidy than the mousse part. I really like the way they look when I use this product to make a gradient lip. When I opened the box for the first time I was worried that this colour wouldn't look very good on me because it looked so bright but I actually liked it when I applied it. It is pretty bright but I think that it'll be really pretty for summer. Note that the colour is a little bit brighter in person and the mousse part is pretty orange.

Wearing only mousse tint

Gradient lips with both tints applied

   This lip tint has a very fruity scent and you don't need much of the mouse or the tint for fully covered lips, a little goes a long way. The colour leaves a strong stain once it wears off. It wears kind of like a liquid lipstick which are really popular right now. Except these are not as drying as your typical liquid lipstick.
  My only complaints with this product are that you have to work fast with the mousse because if it dries completely before you apply the tint it can patch up a bit. Also sometimes the tint doesn't come out when you click it a couple of times and then you click it once more and a little too much can come out.
   Overall I think the design is innovative and there are a lot of really beautiful colours and I wish I had bought more shades. I might have to pick out a couple others! If you, like me, sometimes have trouble creating a nice gradient lip then you will probably like this product. Even if you don't have that problem this is still a fun liptint/lipstick and I think that the colours are great for summer.  If you have tried this let me know what you thought. :)

       What I liked: - Non-drying
                             - Interesting design
                             - Good variety of shades
                             - Leaves a stain
                             - Makes gradient lips easy for beginners

What I didn't like: - Mousse part can sometimes get patchy if you apply tint after it dries
                              - Occasionally click button dispenses too much tint

Rating: 4/5

This review was completely unsponsored and I purchased the product with my own money.

No comments:

Post a Comment