Saturday 3 September 2016

Zymogen Houttuynia Cordata Ferment Serum and Centella Ferment Cream Review

Hello everyone :)

  I have for review today two products that are highly recommended by Hanbyul in her Acne Care Routine videos on youtube. You can see part one here. Both products are from the brand Zymogen. I purchased both products off of the website Jolse. The serum contains 105ml of product and I purchased it for $23.18 USD. The cream contains 50 ml of product and I purchased it for $27.98 USD. The serum is supposed to help with oily, troubled skin while the cream is supposed to soothe and heal rough skin.

   I have used these products together on and off for about three months now. I do find that when I use the products in conjunction with each other that I do have less acne and less breakouts overall. The serum is quite watery and contains Houttuynia Cordata, Sophora Japonica, and Licorice Root extract as well as Panthenol, Sodium Hyaluronate and Tea Tree Oil. All of these ingredients help moisturize as well as calm down acne. I would only use this if you have oily skin because it does contain alcohol and may be drying for dryer skin types. I however did not see much oil control using this product.





    The cream contains Centella Asiatica extract as well as gold. Centella Asiatica extract has been traditionally used for wound healing and so it makes sense how it could help acne prone or irritated skin. :) This cream is quite heavy and oily feeling so for oily skin I would only use a small amount. I do not find that this breaks me out though. It actually helps soothe my skin. This cream would be good for drier skin types but oilier skin types can use it to help acne if you just use a small amount or use it at night time.





    I found that it took a couple of weeks for my breakouts to clear up while using this. When I stopped using these two products to try different skincare items I noticed an increase in my acne. I started using these products again and my breakouts got better. I find that these products don't completely erase all acne but they greatly reduce the severity. The cream also ends up absorbing into my skin if I pat it in so the oiliness doesn't bother me too much. Both products have a medicinal/herbal scent but I kind of like this because it makes me feel like it's working more haha.

    Overall I do like these products and I feel like they help. I do want to keep trying new products though to see if I can find products that will help clear up and prevent breakouts even more. I do recommend trying these products though if you want a mild acne care line without salicylic acid or benzoyl peroxide. I would definitely consider repurchasing these products in the future. What do you think? Have you tried this combination? Let me know if you have!

        What I liked: - Helped with breakouts
                              - Did not irritate my skin

What I didn't like: - Cream may be heavy for oily skin types
                              - Serum may be too drying for dryer skin types
             
    Overall: 4.25/5

I purchased these products with my own money and all thoughts and opinions are my own.


No comments:

Post a Comment