Saturday 3 September 2016

Etude House Sunprise Mild Airy Finish SPF 50+/PA+++ Sun Milk Review

Hello everyone :)

  It's been a while since I have posted a review. I have been very busy with my application to college and with getting a new job. :) But I have had lots of time to test some new products. I have for review today a sunscreen from the brand Etude house. It is called the Sunprise Mild Airy Finish Sun Milk. It has SPF 50+ as well as PA+++.  This product claims to be non-sticky and to not leave a white cast. The sun milk also uses 100% mineral based ingredients for UV protection. It also contains 20 different kinds of vegetable ingredients such as Dwarf Ground Sedge extract, Sunflower Seeds, acai berry, acerola, portulaca oleracea, centella asiatica, mistletoe leaves, aloe vera, cactus and hyaluronic acid.

    The bottle is a light turquoise with a white cap. The cap twists off and you squeeze the bottle to get the product out. My biggest gripe with this product is probably the packaging. When I first got it the cap would just not stay on properly so I just don't feel like I could take this anywhere with me. The cap would just not lock in place. Weirdly enough after about two months it started clicking in place better? Maybe I just got a slightly defective bottle. With this product you get 55ml of product for $13.20 USD on the Etude House website.





  Ingredients (taken from Etude House website): Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Zinc Oxide, Alcohol, Dicaprylyl Ether, Dipropylene Glycol, Titanium Dioxide, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Viscum Album (Mistletoe) Leaf Extract, Portulaca Oleracea Extract, Centella Asiatica Extract, Opuntia Ficus-Indica Extract, Carex Humillis Root Extract, Citrus Aurantium Bergamia (Bergamot) Fruit Oil, Citrus Limon (Lemon) Peel Oil, Eucalyptus Globulus Leaf Oil, Pinus Sylvestris Leaf Oil, Citrus Aurantifolia (Lime) Oil, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Peel Oil, Euterpe Oleracea Fruit Extract, Malpighia Emarginata (Acerola) Fruit Extract, Terminalia Ferdinandiana Fruit Extract, Echium Plantagineum Seed Oil, Adansonia Digitata Seed Oil, Hyaluronic Acid, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Cardiospermum Halicacabum Flower/Leaf/Vine Extract, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil Unsaponifiables, Vinyl Dimethicone/Methicone Silsesquioxane Crosspolymer, Peg-10 Dimethicone, Cyclomethicone, Magnesium Sulfate, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Methicone, 1,2-Hexanediol, Aluminum Hydroxide, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Caprylyl Glycol, Octyldodecanol, Dimethicone, Stearic Acid, Glyceryl Caprylate, Polyglyceryl-6 Polyricinoleate, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Microcrystalline Cellulose, Butylene Glycol, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Cellulose Gum

    I have been using this sun milk for about 4 months. The texture is very liquidy and has a slight citrus scent. You do need to shake this before you use it so the product does not separate. The sun milk does have a little bit of an oily feel to it. It isn't too bad though. After I apply it on my face it does seem to dry down a bit and it feels pretty nice. My skin just feels soft and moisturized. This sun milk also does not have added fragrance in the ingredients list. The citrusy scent I believe comes from the natural citrus oils in the sun milk. Citrus oils can sometimes increase sensitivity to the sun. I was a little concerned about this before I started using the sun milk but I haven't experienced any sensitivity while using this. I also regularly use a BHA and an AHA and I find that this sun milk gives me adequate protection. I wore this sun milk on my face when I went to the fair all day and it was very sunny out and there was no shade and I didn't get a burn or any sun damage.

   I do not find that this leaves a white cast. It blends in nicely with my skin. I can not speak for darker skin tones though. However, the formula is not thick so I do not think that the effect would be very noticeable if there was any sort of white cast. My skin is fair and is also sensitive and acne-prone. My skin is normally combination but lately has been more of a dehydrated-oily skin type. I have not noticed any breakouts using this product. If you are acne-prone though you should know that this does contain Stearic acid which is a potential acne trigger.  This product doesn't really make me oilier but it also doesn't control oil. When you apply this product it kind of feels like you are just applying a day lotion. You don't get the heavy and greasy feel of Western sunscreens. I like that you can apply a relatively liberal amount for proper sun protection without it feeling like you have a heavy layer of something on your face.

Unblended

Blended
  Overall I think that this is a pretty good product. I would recommend it for pretty much all skin types. It is very mild and it sits well under makeup. Would I repurchase this? I'm not sure. I do like it but I think that I would like a product that is more water based. That is just my personal preference though and does not reflect on the quality of the product. My only real issue with this product is the packaging it comes in but if I just leave the bottle at home then its okay and the issue did seem to remedy itself weirdly enough. Have you tried this? Let me know what you think. :)
 
        What I liked: - Lightweight formula
                              - No breakouts
                              - No irritation
                              - No white cast

What I didn't like: - Can feel slightly oily to the touch
                              - Cap did not close tightly

      Overall rating: 4/5

This product was purchased with my own money and all thoughts and opinions are unbiased.
       

No comments:

Post a Comment