Monday 12 September 2016

Secret Key Snail Repairing Eye Cream Review

Hello everyone :)

   I have for review today a product which I have been using for almost half a year. Since it is a skin care item I wanted to use it for a good amount of time before I reviewed it so I could give as accurate an opinion as possible. It is the Secret Key Snail Repairing Eye Cream. This is a part of the Snail Repairing line from Secret Key. I reviewed the sun cream from this line previously and that review can be found here. I bought this product from Beautynet Korea here for $6.22 USD and you get 30g of product.
   
   This eye cream claims to tone up the skin around the eyes and to revive the delicate skin. This eye cream contains snail secretion filtrate and is supposed to be very mild. Some other active ingredients in this eye cream are adenosine, beta-glucan, niacinamide, arbutin, macadamia seed oil, jojoba seed oil and scualan. These ingredients are also supposed to help with elasticity and with fine lines.

    The packaging is a simple beige tube with a brown twist-off cap and brown writing. There is also a small gold snail on the tube. I have to say the product is bigger than I expected. You only need a small amount for each use and I have been using it for almost half a year and I still have almost half of the tube left. For $6.22 I would say that this is definitely a good value for your money.



Approximately how much I would use for both eyes
   The texture of this cream is like a light cream. It absorbs into the skin quite easily. This line is better suited to combination to oily skin I think unless you live in a very humid or warm place. When I received this item it was very cold and dry out so this cream wasn't quite moisturizing enough for my dry under-eye area. However, during the spring and summer it worked really well because it was light enough to not feel heavy or oily. You can see a demonstration of the texture and consistency of the cream below.





   This product does have a bit of a scent but it is not too strong. It smells just sort of lotiony. I experienced no irritation using this product which was good because I have really sensitive eyes and a lot of products either burn, make my eyes all red, watery or itchy. I however did not notice any significant changes in the appearance or texture of the skin around my eyes while using this product. I personally think that this eye cream is best suited to someone who is younger and is looking for a good mild eye cream to prevent aging and to just keep the eye area moisturized. If you are looking for something to help with wrinkles or aging eyes then I don't think this would be the right product for you.

   Overall I liked this product but since I live somewhere where it is very cold and dry for a large portion of the year I think that I will look for something that is a little richer since I am very prone to getting patchy and flakey areas around my eyes during cool weather and I found that this eye cream did not exactly stop this unless I applied a thick layer of cream. However, if you are young, on a budget, or have oily skin and are looking for a lightweight eye cream then you may really enjoy this. Have you tried any of the Snail repair line? :)

        What I liked: - Lightweight
                              - Non greasy
                              - Non irritating
                              - Good price/value for your money

What I didn't like: - Didn't help with fine lines
                              - Sometimes isn't moisturizing enough for drier skin

Rating: 3/5

This product was purchased with my own money and all thoughts and opinions are my own.
 
 

 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment