Friday 10 June 2016

Missha Secret Recipe Cucumber Mask Review

Hello everyone :)

  Today I have a review of my new favourite sleeping pack. It is part of the Secret Recipe collection by the brand Missha. They have other wash off and sleeping masks such as Rice for brightening and Pomegranate for firming.  This mask contains 15% cucumber extract which contains vitamin C in order to moisturize well. This mask is supposed to refresh and soothe tired skin. It is a gel type mask. This product contains 120g of product and you can find it on Yesstyle for $7.57 USD or on Amazon.
   The packaging is a simple plastic squeeze tube which is more hygienic than a typical jar-type packaging. The product itself is a very light green gel and it smells pretty fresh. It smells very similar to fresh cucumbers but a little more perfumey. This does contain fragrance and alcohol is relatively high up in the ingredients list so keep that in mind if you are sensitive to those ingredients.



The ingredients list
  The mask has a lightweight gel texture and absorbs well into the skin. It feels very refreshing and soothing and in the morning my skin feels lightly hydrated. This is a great sleeping mask for the summer as it is non greasy and very hydrating. I think that this would also suit oily skin year round and if you live in a place with very harsh winters (like me) you could always use it in conjunction with a moisturizer.

Unblended

Fully Absorbed

  I really enjoy this product because I find a lot of sleeping masks are too heavy for my combination, acne-prone skin. This mask also does not break me out or irritate my skin. I am not sure this is holy grail status because it is just a basic moisturizing mask, however, it does the job very well for my skin type.
  Overall, this is a decent product and I would recommend it for everyone in the summer who is not sensitive to fragrances or for someone with oily skin, especially dehydrated oily skin, who wants an extra boost of hydration. What is your favourite sleeping mask? If you have one let me know. :)

        What I liked: - Refreshing
                              - Lightweight
                              - Doesn't break me out
                              - Soothing

What I didn't like: - May not be enough moisture for dry skin

Rating: 4/5

This review was completely unsponsored and the product was bought with my own money.

No comments:

Post a Comment